Let us be grateful to people who make us happy, they are charming gardeners who make our souls blossom
~ Marcel Proust
If you want to get in the moment and listen to what I am as I write this click here, c’mon, do it. It will make you feel what I am! Now start from the beginning and read thru…
I want to thank each and every one of you for your help so far. As of last night at 8:07 pm we have 8,461 dollars pledged towards our goal of $20,000 in our all or nothing campaign to publish my first cookbook. That means we are 42% funded by an astounding 124 backers. 124 people that I have close relationships, partial relationships, old friends, new friends, winemakers, winos, people I met on wine tours, people I have never met but consider my friends, people from the VW community of the Samba, people from the Rambling Epicure facebook group, people from my job, my wife’s job, old bosses, famous cookbook authors, famous tv celebrities, old commis, line cooks and assorted dirt bags who plate food for a living.
“I’ve always divided human beings into two categories: those who resemble a courtyard and suffocate you between their walls – Then there are those who resemble a garden, where you can walk and be silent, and breathe.”
– Antoine de St. Exupery
If you really want to feel where I am at right this second click this link and listen while you start from the top and read the entirety of the post. HIP HIP HOORAY for the 124 of you! Stand up and pat yourselves on the back. YOU guys make dreams happen! YOU are beautiful people. If you haven’t donated yet please do. We still have a long uphill road to climb! To honor all of you I baked a batch of my favorite chocolate chip and walnut cookies. So pour yourself a cold glass of milk, snuggle up with someone you love and eat a plateful… Thanks.I keep saying this but I am absolutely blown away by your kindness…
One Love, One Heart, One Destiny
Support My Cookbook: bit.ly/KickstartSunshine
Ana O’Reilly, Matt Bolton,Lynn Blankenship, Jim Laffer, Chris Lye, Raylene Samson, Mary Pat Palmer, Jon Kimmich, Lisa McClellan, Anne Silverman, Frank Armstrong, Trish Briscoe, T, Jim Groeger, Rosalyn Ford, Emily Weichold, Robert Dryden, Rita Vodopals, Adam Gold, Sarah Horner, Phillip, Tom Klindt, Sandra Anderson, Maxine & Vern Boltz, George Gagnon, Kohei Narron, Think Jerky, Charles Singer, Jude Lutge, Ronald Douglass, Monika Fuchs, Mac Hillocks, Melissa, Heidi Nicholls, Greg Harris, Emily, Bill & Harper , rmstrong, Jake Petrowski, Benjamin Schott, Chuck Gollnick, Douglas Klein, Lois, Gary Verne, William Andrews, Tara Walker, Mike Zellner, DaveNYC, Dan Zellner, Tom Cates, Paula Wolfert, Ethan Brown, Marcus Reed, Malia Warford, Sam Gitchel, Elizabeth Faulhaber, Michael Beck, Michael Levin, Sam Cole, Wendy Leik, Gary Sweetman, Sara Liner, Dan Boni, Walter Kinney, Jerad Anderson, Adrienne Lovelock, Dick Karger, Abe Quinby, Susan Friar, Rhonda Stuart, Lisa Gordon, Arthur & Marcella Levin, Chris Zappe, Tony & Julie, Liz Tommaney, Stacey Beeks, Lyndsay Janosek, Cindi Lawyer, Wayne Oppenheimer, Luna Armstrong, Andre Colas, Brett Barger, Cathleen Price, Sarah Nolan, Mike Freed, Myrna Lo, Johnny Anderson, Torrey Douglass, Sam Zellner, Miguel Pol, Oliver Tuthill, Peter Zitz, Micheline Fritz, Steven Grandjean, Kristin Robinson, James Cruz, David Broich, Heather, Christine Schupbach, Carl Thoemmes, Steve Rooker, Janis MacDonald, Christine Laffer, Kumari de Silva, Zelda Carruthers, Rachel Silverman Darlow, Allan Green, Malissa Weikel, James Kimmel, Stevan Springer, Mark, Calvin Clark, Richard Niederhoffer, Elatia Harris, Linda Schafer, John Charlton, Erica De Mane, Maddog2, Frédérique Rossignol, Dave Mottershall, Matthew Hammett, Britt Cloud, Lawrence Parks, David Weisblatt, Fred Ramos, John Reynolds, Lori Marsh, Bill Mahin
A Stack of Chocolate Chip Cookies and Milk waiting for you!
- 8 ounces unsalted grassfed butter, room temperature
- 1 cup organic sugar
- 2/3 cup organic brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 farm fresh eggs
- 2 cups organic white flour
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 3/4 teaspoon of baking soda
- 11 ounces organic bittersweet chocolate
- 1 cup walnut meats
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Pour a glass of wine or a pint of beer and take a big sip. Let a sense of gratitude fill your heart and permeate your soul completely. Enjoy this moment.
- Beat butter and both sugars till creamy and smooth. Recite all 124 names and feel the love.
- Add vanilla extract and eggs, and continue beating till incorporated in. Thank 124 donors individually.
- Add flour, sea salt and baking powder and beat on low speed till incorporated in. Fill your heart fill with overwhelming love and serenity.
- Add chocolate chips and walnuts and beat for 10 seconds on high speed. Rejoice in the moment.
- Spoon 26 clumps of dough onto a cookie sheet lined with a silpat and gently press them down.
- Bake at 375 degrees for ten minutes, Spend ten minutes reflecting upon your good fortune to have people who truly care about you enough to invest in your rainbows.
- Allow to cool fully. The brown and white sugar will begin to harden and give these cookies a beautiful crunch.
- LOVE, LIGHT, LIFE!